Monday, October 29, 2012

Celebrating "Big Papa"

What I love most about the Fall/Winter season is all the family get togethers!!  I get to eat all the amazing food that you only get once a year, and catch up on what everyone has been up to.  I love watching all the little kids play together, and see what games they make up while the adults stuff their mouths full of food. 

This weekend we headed to South Bend to celebrate my husbands Grandpa's 88th birthday.  My mother-in-law made an amazing meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, beans, apple squares, pumpkin roll, and an apple cake!!  I probably gained about 5 pounds this weekend...but who could blame me!  I love sitting around the table with family and enjoying a home cooked meal, there is nothing like it.  Especially with someone as cool as Grandpa Dale (the great grandkids call him Big Papa). 

I also love to see what everyone will be wearing.  There are so many different personalities in our family that the fashion is so different.  We have cousins who like to wear comfy clothes, some who like to wear cute, but comfy, and then there is me who likes to go all out and wake up a room!  I wore my purple Abby Skinny jeans by Liverpool, with light green tank and a vintage sweater!  I love showing everyone how fun it can be to mix the new with the old.  I also wore some vintage jewelry that has been in the family for years!  I love that all of us cousins are about the same age and yet have totally different taste in style. 

I can't wait to see what everyone is going to be for Halloween!!  Pictures of our little stinkers soon!!!

Love,
PipLey

No comments:

Post a Comment