Sunday, November 4, 2012

Colder Weather

Hey Everyone,

I don't know about anyone else but I am loving this colder weather!  I love everything about this time of year;  the stores are so much more festive, the clothes are so cute, the family gets together often, and the food is amazing!  Who doesn't love getting together with friends or family and eating till you can't move!  Today I am going to post some of my family's favorite recipes, and hopefully you guys will enjoy them as well! 

The first is a true family favorite!  If I do not bring this recipe to my family events, then my family seriously will not talk to me.  Even my little cousins know not to look my way if I do not walk in with my mac n cheese!  My mom has been making this recipe for years and when I was old enough to take over she taught it to me...
Macaroni and Cheese Bake

2 cups macaroni noodles (cooked)
2 cups Velveeta (cubed)
2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 cups sour cream
4 eggs

Cook macaroni till done, then mix all ingredients together and place in a 9x13 pan.
I like to add the seasoning Nature Season to the mix, I think it gives it a little more flavor but this is optional.  :)
Bake at 375 for around 45 minutes, longer if you like a crunchier top.  This will be sure to be a crowd pleasing recipe!!

The second recipe is a favorite for dessert!  These brownies are to die for and are almost like fudge.  WARNING: These are super rich and very addicting!!

Brownies

Batter

1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
7 Tbsp cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients in mixing bowl.  Place in greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Do not over bake!

Icing

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp cocoa

Mix all ingredients until thick.  Pour over hot brownies and spread!


Hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family does!!

Love,
PipLey


No comments:

Post a Comment