Monday, November 12, 2012

Fun, Family Weekend


Hello Everyone! 

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!! We traveled to Michigan this weekend for my niece Elisabet's baptism! Even though it is pretty rough being in a car for 6 hours with two little kids I love family weekends. We don't get to see my brother-in law and sister-in law too often, so it is always nice when we do! Elisabet is growing way to fast, and I wish we could get up there more often!  

My husband and the beautiful Elisabet!


I don't know about everyone else, but I always try to find ways to dress up and look cute!! I mean let’s face it, I am a mother of two little kids, and most days it is jeans and a sweatshirt for me. So when I do get a chance I am all over it! This weekend I paired one of our red pencil skirts (Pencil Me In) with some vintage items, and loved the way it turned out!  I am a huge fan of mixing vintage with new items, and figuring out what suits me! 

 
 
 
 
 
{pencil skirt: PipLey Vintage, clutch, gloves, collar: Vintage, tights: Kohls, shoes: Target} 


One of my favorite new items to wear is vintage gloves!  I am so excited that pairing gloves with an outfit is starting to make a comeback!  I think it looks so classy, and adds a little sass to an outfit!  I love looking at old photos and seeing all the women with matching hats and gloves with all their outfits.  The gloves I am wearing were my husband’s great grandmother Pearl’s gloves.  His grandmother gave them to me, and it is the best gift I have received in a long time!  I love wearing family items.  My clutch is from my grandmother Helen, and it is just a beautiful pearl clutch!  I wish they still made items like that….

Love,
PipLey

2 comments:

  1. You looked so beautiful this past weekend! I love your style and how you have always mixed the old with the new! You definitely stood out this weekend and you are by far my favorite accessory.

    ReplyDelete