Thursday, November 15, 2012

All About Mom!

Hey Everyone,

I don't know about everyone else but I am a huge momma's girl!! I can't go a day without talking to her, and can barely go a day or two without seeing her! My kids are so use to seeing Nana everyday that if we don't see her then they think something is wrong!!  She is by far my best friend (other than my husband) and my sounding board for all things advice.  Growing up we didn’t always have the best relationship, but as I became a mother I realized that all the “crazy” things she did or said was just because she loved me.  I swore I would never do some of the same things with my children, and I could not have been more wrong.  I find myself worrying more, crying more, yelling more, and flat out looking more exhausted than she ever did!! 

me and my momma!

 

Last year three days before Christmas we found out my mom had breast cancer.  Coming from a family that had no prior history of this cancer it was definitely a shock for everyone involved.  I remember her face the first time she told me, and thinking to myself that I was her only daughter and had to be strong for her.  I am usually an emotional wreck, so it was shocking to me how strong I actually became in that very moment.  I never let her see how scared I was.  I couldn’t help but think about how my life would be without my mom, and to be honest I couldn’t picture it!  I knew then that I would be at every doctor’s appointment, and procedure she had ahead of her.  In early January she had a lumpectomy, followed by chemotherapy, and finally radiation.  Yes she lost her hair (but to be honest she pulled off bald beautifully), was tired and sick, but through it all took care of her 92 year old mother and everyone else around her.  I have never seen someone so strong and more concerned about others even as she was so sick. 

momma and the girls on her birthday

 

She is now in full remission, and clinically cancer free!  Even though it was a difficult time and emotionally challenging there are so many positives that came out of it!  She learned how strong she actually is, and realized not to let the little things that are out of her control bother her anymore because life is way too precious!  In the end it has brought us even closer together, and I wouldn’t change our journey for the world!  We never know why God allows certain things to happen, but I know he has a plan and I believe my mom went through all this to help others out!

 

Love,

PipLey

No comments:

Post a Comment