Thursday, February 14, 2013

A little love story....

Hey everyone,

With it being Valentine's day I thought I would let you in on how my husband Greg and I met.  We have been married for 5 years now (6 years this June) and it has been one roller coaster ride.

As most of my family and friends know, I don't do anything slow.  If I think about it I do it, if I want it I get it right then, I am not a patient person at all.  So when I first met Greg and knew it was right I didn't waist anytime at all!!  Greg on the other hand is the complete opposite.  He is a CPA and yes fits all the stereotypes!  He is very analytic, laid back, patient, and can't make a decision without thinking about it for a while!!  So how does it work.....it just does!!

On October 15, 2005 my mother, her friend, and myself headed to a local country bar called 8 seconds.  I had just gotten out of a long term, horrible relationship about 2 days before that and was in no way looking to start another one...but apparently God had other plans.  I was having a drink with my mom when a guy came over and asked if my mom would kiss his friend on the cheek for his birthday.  She asked where he was and in enters my future husband!  She grabbed his cheeks and gave him a kiss....then my moms friend who pretended to be my aunt for the evening got a hold of him and took him out on the dance floor.  So before I could even say hi to him, my mom had kissed him and he danced with "my aunt", yes he has never lived that down.  As the night wore on Greg and I got to talking and he asked for my number.  I for once in my life gave a guy at a bar the correct number and I am glad I did.

He called the next day, and we have only spent about 5 days apart since.  He proposed within 8 months (June 9, 2006) married a year later (June 2, 2007) and were pregnant with our first baby 6 months later (December 2007).  So when I said I move fast...I meant it!!

We have been through so much together in our short 5 years!  Two beautiful little girls, a severe stint with postpartum depression (which I still struggle with) anxiety caused by some meds, family drama, building a house and all the other ups and downs you go through.  I truly believe God led me to him and made him just for me!!  I am not the easiest person to be with, and he knows exactly how to calm me down, and love me!  He is truly my best friend, lover, partner and soul mate.  He loves me at my worst and enjoys me at my best!  I pray everyday that my girls will find a man just like their daddy!!

Love,
Carole


No comments:

Post a Comment