Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Letting Loose

I just returned from my cousins' wedding  in Tampa, Florida. It was a family affair, for the first time in 15 years myself and my 3 siblings would all be in the Sunshine State at the same time. Due to crazy work schedules and flights it ended up being a spouse/kid free weekend for myself and older brother and sister. Yes you read that right a full weekend without soccer practices, singing lessons, timeouts and house work. Don't get me wrong, did we miss our kids and significant others, yes, but we liked a mini vacation more!!

The wedding was beautiful with the bride in an off white gown covered in shimmering beads and delicate lace. The wedding took place on a cruse ship, in one of the grand hall performance theaters, it was elegant. But after the "I do's", wedding cake and bouquet toss it was time for all non sailing passengers to exit the boat, which meant it was time to let loose. My siblings and I booked out flights out of Florida for Sunday, so we had all Saturday night to enjoy being with each other, laugh, make memories, and just have fun!

But what do 3 adults over the age of 30, who are married, with kids back home and a 25 year old living the dream in LA do for fun in Tampa? The girls get dressed up, the guys make fun of us for taking to long then we head out for night on the town! We had dinner, watched college football, saw a live band (that wasn't good but made us laugh anyway), consumed some adult beverage and danced. We didn't care that the 20 year old college students didn't get our "moves" or that we liked the older hip hop they played verses the teenybopper  tunes they played every 3rd song. We let our hair down, had fun and let loose. It was a great time where our responsibilities were to be safe, create memories and enjoy every second we had with each other.

I had a blast in Tampa. I had a few days where I was only responsible for myself. I was able to relax in the sun, work on my tan, spend time with out of town family and above all let loose. Now I'm back to my reality of tripping over hot wheel cars, cleaning the house and blogging. I enjoyed my weekend away, I truly feel everyone needs those. A weekend (or longer) away from the normal routine does a body good. So look at the calendar, pick a weekend and plan to just let loose. Let us know where your favorite place is to let loose? What do you do to let loose when you can't get away for vacations? What is your dream vacation?






No comments:

Post a Comment